Voyages of the Blood Ship
History of the Blood Ship
A god dies.
Its blood saturates the roots of a forest.
War Ship: The Red Death
– The lumber from the forest is used to build ships, including The Red Death.
– The crew of The Red Death, fueled by an unknown courage, win a battle where they are outnumbered three ships to one.
– The Red Death is claimed as a prize by enemy privateers.
– Q: What words did The Red Death whisper to Captain Drojan that caused him to capture the ship instead of sink it?
A: “Together, we can rule the seas. No one will match our proficiency or ruthlessness.”
Slave-Running Ship: Uraeus’ Venom
– After a big storm, an empty ship is found: moldy and covered in seaweed.
– Q: Who found the abandoned, adrift ship?
A: Osirion mercenaries, looking for opportunity after years of fighting. They name it Uraeus’ Venom.
– The sale of Chelaxian gladiators funds the purchase of magick cannons.
– In the hull, one of the slaves (named Harryet) leads a revolt. During the fight, the hull floods, killing them all.
– Q: Did the hull flood itself, and why?
A: Uraeus’ Venom recognized a scion of a hated rival evil god in the hull and flooded itself.
– An archwizard is duped into opening a portal into the astral.
– A part of the ship’s essence is given mortal form and breeds with a demon.
– A cult worshiping the ancient, fallen god attempts a resurrection rite that summons a portion of the essence to the material plane.
Cult Ship: Unification
– A half-breed entity takes human form to reunite his family by gathering weak-minded souls to fuel his journey.
– A major natural disaster occurs, and Unification saves many refugees.
– The captain converts some refugees, and orders his crew to sacrifice the others. A party of smugglers, among the crew, mutiny and claim the ship. They rename it Celerity.